Being a Jeanite means that opportunities abound. The SJB experience is further enriched through meaningful collaborations with some of the most successful institutions around. Through these partnerships and special relationships with proven institutions that continue to grow, St. Jean’s is at the forefront of providing enhanced experiences that go above and beyond the traditional.
- Fordham University: Fordham University founded in 1841 provides an exceptional education to students and Jeanites are no exception. Jeanites take classes to enhance their mathematical and scientific knowledge while learning about licensed professions in the Science Technology Entry Program. Rising seniors can earn up to four college credits while taking classes at either the Rosehill campus or Lincoln Center campus.
- National Hispanic Institute: In conjunction with SJB, The National Hispanic Institute (NHI) provides opportunities for “self-transformational leadership concepts and experiences” for young people. The work done through this organization creates a framework where students develop the skills and mindset needed to become the future leaders of their community and beyond.
- St. Joseph’s College: St. Joseph's College was founded in 1916 and is a dynamic institution that supports the development of the whole person. In its liberal arts tradition and values, St. Joseph’s focuses on career preparation and enhancement. Through this partnership Jeanites attend college-credit bearing courses in-house, that include College Writing and Spanish Literature
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: This historic Dance Company grew from a single performance in 1958 at the 92nd Street Y into a world renowned measure of artistic excellence that has performed in 71 countries across the globe and in 2008 was recognized by the U.S. Congress as “a vital American cultural ambassador to the world”. This partnership allows Jeanites to be trained by established professionals in house and provides a forum to showcase Jeanites skills.
- Lenox Hill Hospital: Internationally known for its expertise in cardiovascular, sports, and neurological medicine to name a few, Lenox Hill Hospital has a rich history of diversity and community outreach. Jeanites have the opportunity through summer internships to receive relevant hands-on experiences within the medical field that will serve as a gateway to their future.
- Weill Cornell Medicine: This trailblazing hospital and top-ranked medical school is known for its high standards of care and groundbreaking research, is a leader in training the medical professionals of tomorrow. Jeanites are can receive relevant hands-on experiences within the medical field that will help tailor and focus their fields of interest.
- Girls Who Code: GWC is a national organization whose mission is to inspire and prepare young women to enter the fields of computer science in an effort to promote the skills necessary to thrive and compete in the 21st century. Jeanites contribute to the growing number of women integrating themselves in the science of tomorrow as they transform society and shrink the gender gap in technology.
- St. Francis College: Often referred to as the “Small College of Big Dreams”, St. Francis College has amassed a rich 160 year history and celebrates its 50th anniversary of educating women. Its student centered philosophy of life-long education and service-oriented leadership is rooted in community involvement and investment. Jeanites will have access to enrichment opportunities and academic based programs that will be a primer for what awaits their future selves.
- The Cooper Union: One of the leading institutions of higher learning in the US, The Cooper Union focuses on the advancement of science and art. With its first female President since it was first established in 1859, The Cooper Union has all of the elements of a modern and forward thinking college. Jeanites will not only have the opportunity in house with SJB’s accomplished and recognized Art program, but through this partnership Jeanites will rise to a level that dreams are made of.
- The American Museum of Natural History: The AMNH is world renowned for its commitment to bringing science to the forefront of student learning with outstanding offerings that are both unique and immersive . Aside from the famous exhibits, the AMNH is home to Jeanites who have taken advantage of the youth services they offer. Jeanites have access to workshops and programs, including the SALTZ internship, aimed at establishing and expanding their frontiers.